Confession Of Sins
2 KINGS 12
13. And David said to Nathan: I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said to David: 3The Lord also hath taken away thy sin. Thou shalt not die.
31. Be not ashamed to confess thy sins, but submit not thyself to every man for sin.
ST. MATTHEW 9
6. But that you may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then said he to the man sick of the palsy): Arise, take up thy bed and go into thy house.
8. And the multitude seeing it, feared, and glorified God that gave such power to men.
ST. LUKE 17
14. Whom when he saw, he said: Go shew yourselves to the priests. And it came to pass, as they went, they were made clean.
ST. JOHN 20
21. He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23 Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
2 CORINTHIANS 5
18. But all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Christ and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation. 19 For God indeed was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing them their sins. And he hath placed in us the word of reconciliation.
ST. JAMES 5
14. Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priests of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick man. And the Lord shall raise him up: and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another.
1 ST. JOHN 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from al iniquity.
©1997-2001, Catholic Truth Publications/TAN Books
and Publishers, Inc.
Last edited August 30, 2001